AIE 2017 State Meeting! Friday, March 3, 2017!
DEADLINE TO REGISTER ONLINE was Monday, February 27, 2017. If you would still like to register for the State Meeting, you may register onsite, Friday, March 3, 2017. Cash and checks only will be accepted onsite for payment.
Come join your international education colleagues from across the state for a full day of learning, sharing information, and networking at the 2017 Annual Arizona International Educators (AIE) State Meeting on March 3, hosted by ASU and held at ASU’s Thunderbird School of Global Management in Glendale, Arizona! There is a fee of $60 if you register onsite for the 2017 AIE Annual State Meeting. (Fees cover the cost of food and beverages.) Cash and checks only will be accepted onsite for payment.
The Annual AIE State Meeting is scheduled to take place on March 3, 2017 at Thunderbird School of Global Management, hosted by Arizona State University. The theme for this event is Better Together: We, The Change!
Arizona State University-Thunderbird School of Global Management
1 Global Place, Glendale, AZ 85306
8:30 – 9:00 Check-in/light Breakfast
9:00-9:15 Introductions and announcements
9:45-10:45 Panel “Better Together: We, the Change!”
10:45 – 11:00 Refresher coffee break
11:00-11:30 AIE Updates
11:30-12:25 Breakout Session I
1. International Student Advisor Open Forum
2. Education Abroad Open Forum
3. The State of ESL in Arizona: An Overview of ESL Contexts and Current Trends
4. Multicultural Center: You and I – Together Embracing Diversity and Change
1:20 – 2:10 Breakout Session II
1. Turning Global Students into Global Leaders
2. Strategies for Success in the International Admissions and Records Office
3. Better Together: The Group That Changed Our Community
4. It Takes a University to Support a Student: How Collaboration at ASU has Supported MasterCard Foundation Scholars
5. Becoming Boundaryless: Collaborating Across the Institution to Create a Global Workforce
2:10-3:00 Breakout Session III – Networking sessions moderated by Field Advocates
1. Networking session for International Student & Scholar Advisors
2. Networking session for Study Abroad Advisors
3. Networking session for ESL programs
4. Networking session for Admissions & Recruiting
5. Global Allies Workshop
6. News and Updates from SEVP Field Representative
3:00-4:00 Wrap-Up – refreshments, door prizes, raffle, announce AIE state meeting 2018 (Note: You must be present to win door prizes or raffle.)
Optional no-host happy hour/dinner meeting at Thunderbird Pub
We are Better Together, and we are The Change!
Session proposals for the 2017 AIE State Meeting are no longer being accepted. If you would like to contribute to the program for a future event, fill in the session proposal form below and submit it. Proposals may be for a session you will present or for a session you would like to see provided. Send proposals to Debi Parris at email@example.com.
Prospective exhibitors are encouraged to participate. Space for exhibitors is available in the main meeting room where all plenary sessions will occur. Sponsorships are also available. Contact Mark Hough at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for an exhibit or sponsorship.