The 2019 annual meeting of the Arizona International Educators will be held at Mesa Community College’s Red Mountain Campus in Mesa, Arizona. Parking is free in all parking lots except the Employee Parking lot next to the Rosewood building. For a campus map that includes parking information please click here.
Our theme this year is “Global Leadership in a Time of Change – We Need Each Other.”
We will feature innovative international educators and provide sessions to help all international educators with their needs in these changing times.
Online advanced registration is $55 and may be paid via credit card, debit card or check. Fees cover the cost of food, beverages, etc. DEADLINE TO REGISTER ONLINE for the advanced price of $55 is 10:00 AM on Monday, February 25, 2019 (If registering online and paying by check, please mail the check to: Arizona International Educators, P.O. Box 5951, Peoria, AZ 85385).
Please click here for more information and to register online now.
- Bring Business Cards for Networking – Do remember to bring your business cards to the AIE State Meeting so you can effectively network with others attending!
- Bring Raffle Items from Your Institution/Organization – Please be sure to bring items for the infamous raffle. It can be t-shirts, mugs, blankets, or any swag identifying your school. Or be creative and bring what you wish!
8:30 am – 9:00 am = Check-in/light Breakfast
*There will be a light breakfast that will include coffee and water.
9:00 am – 9:15 am = Introductions and announcements
9:15 am – 9:45 am = Welcome
9:45 am – 10:45 am = Panel – “Global Leadership in a Time of Change – We Need Each Other”
- Matthew Lopez
- Kathryn Howard
- Wendy Anderton
10:45 am – 11:00 am = Refresher coffee break
11:10 am – 11:40 am = Updates
11:50 am – 12:40 pm = Breakout Session I
- Online Credential Verification: What Is It, Why Is It Important
- Increasing Diversity Abroad through Campus Collaboration and Student Suppor
- International Students-Maintaining Status in the Era of Immigration Upheaval/Unlawful Presence
- Globalizing Your Classroom: Free Resources on the Middle East and Latin America for K-12 and Community College Educators
12:40 pm – 1:30 pm = Lunch
*There will be a Mexican food buffet for lunch. This will include vegetarian/vegan/gluten-free options.
1:40 pm – 2:30 pm = Breakout Session II
- Sponsored Scholars, Oh My!
- OPT Basics and Various Strategies for Advisors from Small to Large Institutions
- IGP Recipe: One Part Globalization, Two Parts Interdisciplinary with Diversity Main Ingredient
- The Future of International Recruitment in India
2:40 pm – 3:30 pm = Breakout Session III
- University of Arizona’s Fourth Industrial Revolution Approach to Internationalization
- Office Leadership in Times of Change
- Training Your International Students on Emotional Wellness and Mental Health Awareness
- Hot Topics with SEVP Field Rep Kimberly Large
3:40 pm – 4:00 pm = Wrap-Up (refreshments, door prizes, raffle, AIE state meeting 2020)
*Afternoon snack will include munchies and drinks.